Thursday, October 14, 2010

Inspirational....Pianist Liu Wei

 Summary of Liu Wei

Liu Wei, who plays the piano with his toes, was crowned champion of China's Got Talent. Four months after the show started in late June, the final was held at Shanghai Stadium. The 23-year-old armless pianist from Beijing amazed an audience of about 70,000 and the judges by singing the song You Are Beautiful, and playing the keys with just his toes.

Liu defeated six other contestants in the first two rounds of text message votes and beat 7-year-old runner-up, the stand-up comedian Zhang Fengxi, in the last round of voting. He could not hold back his tears when he was awarded the crown.

 Liu will be invited to perform on Taiwan singer Jolin Tsai's world tour and will also have a three-month stint at Las Vegas. He said he is an ordinary person and will keep composing music of his own.

"I really do not care how people regard me. It is enough for me to do the things I like. When other people express their regret and sorrow because I lost both arms, I can tell them confidently that I have perfect feet," he said.

Liu lost his arms when he was 10 after touching a high-voltage wire during a game of hide-and-seek.

 He won two gold medals and one silver at the National Swimming Championship for the Disabled in 2002. By the age of 19, Liu had taught himself how to play the piano with his feet and started composing and producing music, practicing more than seven hours every day.

One year later, he was given the chance to work with the famous Hong Kong pop star Andy Lau and they composed the song 'Let It Be."
"Music is like water and air to me. I can't live without it," Liu Wei has said.

"There are only two options for the rest of my life: die as soon as possible or live life loud," Liu said during one show, inspiring thousands of people across China.



My Personal Thought

An extraordinary young man that is full of confident and self esteem. Jaunty young individual that worked hard to fulfill his dream of becaming a pianist.

When there is nothing to lose in the life, just do whatever your heart leads you and never look back to regret it.
Like Nike slogan " Just do it"

No one should be judging on what is right or wrong.And there should not be a standard or perception on what a ordinary or disable person, kid or old people can do or not in their own life!

When there is dream, there is hope.
English idioms " Every cloud has a silver lining"

I admired Liu Wei, it has touched my heart and soul eventhough he is so far away...in China. I hope my Megan will learn his courage, the willingness to go against the odd,his humbleness and etc.

Take a look at the video clip, i bet you will share the same feeling like i did when i watched it the 1st time.

No comments:

Post a Comment